The Dotdigital for Salesforce connector allows you to send Dotdigital Email Campaigns to your leads and contacts and to view Email Campaign data. This functionality is available in the Dotdigital for Salesforce app.
We support all versions of Salesforce with the API enabled.
Email Campaigns must always be created in Dotdigital and synchronised to Salesforce. After an Email Campaign is sent, it's synchronised at regular intervals so that you can view Email Campaign data, such as the number of email opens, in Salesforce.
These articles assume that the Dotdigital for Salesforce installation articles have been followed to install, configure, grant user permissions, and modify page layouts for the primary Dotdigital account.
A Frequently asked questions article has been designed to help you with specific processes.
Find supported browsers and devices on the Salesforce help centre.
Using the Dotdigital for Salesforce app
Select Dotdigital from the app menu.
In older versions of Salesforce, the Dotdigital for Salesforce app is labelled 'Email Marketing'.
If you don't see the Dotdigital for Salesforce app in this menu, ask your administrator to give you the correct permission set.
The Dotdigital for Salesforce app gives you access to four additional tabs, plus a 'Configuration' tab for administrators:
- Email Studio: Work in Dotdigital without leaving Salesforce
- Email Campaigns: View all the current Email Campaigns that are available to your Salesforce user
- Email Address Books: Work with Email Address Books
- Forms: View all the Dotdigital surveys and forms that are available to your Salesforce user
- Configuration: Configure global settings and account setup. Global settings need to be configured to enable the Dotdigital for the Salesforce app to function. These tasks are usually reserved for an administrator.
Standard tabs with additional functionality
As well as the additional tabs, the Dotdigital for Salesforce app also extends the functionality of the following existing Salesforce tabs:
- The Campaigns page allows you to link campaigns to Email Address Books.
- The Contacts page and the Leads page displays Dotdigital data and a contact to Programs Automations.
- The Reports page displays the option to open the Email Campaign summary.
- The Dashboards page displays the Email Campaign summary
Check out the other Dotdigital for Salesforce articles: